Honey is the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and water.
HONEY IN COOKING - HANDY HINTS
- When using honey recipes, instead of sugar, use less of honey because it is sweeter than sugar. A general rule is to replace one cup of sugar for half a cup of honey.
- Honey attracts water so reduce the amount of liquid in any recipe by 1/4 cup for each cup of honey added.
- Honey will slide off your measuring cups and spoons if you lightly spray them with vegetable oil spray before measuring the honey.
- Read about children and honey: Infants ate no honey
- Read why honey is better than sugar
- Honey varies greatly in color and flavor depending on what flowers the bees are foraging.
RECIPES WE LOVE:
Sweet honey butter
|Honey Roasted Carrots Thanks to Southern Living|
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a container with a lid and shake vigorously.